Tuesday, December 16, 2008

20 Favorite Actresses Meme

Raquelle over at Out of the Past has "tagged" me for my 20 Favorite Actresses. However, my top ten actresses are so dear to me that a "bottom ten" would pale in comparison, so I'll refrain from including them. Normally I'd provide a few words on why each actress is a favorite, but I'll save those thoughts for future entries, when I can dedicate more time (and love!) to them. Anyway, the top ten, in alphabetical order:

Irene Dunne



Jean Harlow



Susan Hayward



Katharine Hepburn


Carole Lombard


Myrna Loy

Gail Patrick


Ginger Rogers



Rosalind Russell



Barbara Stanwyck



I hereby tag Caitlin at Fire & Music.

5 comments:

  1. Great list. And you are definitely the only person with Gail Patrick on your list. I think I'm the only one with Susan Peters.

    I love how you break the rules and only do 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag! I was only able to come up with a top five -- after that it was just too hard to narrow down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that picture of Barbara Stanwyck! How beautiful!! :)

    The one of Ginger Rogers is also great.

    Out of your top ten, I have six of 'em on my list, and Susan Hayward was literally number twenty one.

    Unfortunately, one of your top ten is on my 'dislike' list...I hope you won't hold that against me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raquelle: I limited my ten to lead actresses, otherwise I would have had a top fifty list! ;)

    PF&M: I'm only half as rebellious as you! ;)

    Ginger: I figured it would be Roz; I'm holding out hope that you'll eventually come to appreciate her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I had the exact opposite problem you had, I had too many to choose from to make my top 20.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.