Monday, January 26, 2009

Susan Hayward's Wonderful LIFE, Part II



What better way to cheer myself up from a personal crisis than to post more of my favorite Susan Hayward LIFE Magazine photos! I'm discovering that the lovely Susan isn't as well represented as many of her fellow 1950s actresses and haven't been able to obtain as many of her movies as I'd like, putting a crimp in the Susan Hayward Craze of 2009. Eventually, I hope to compile a list of her available DVD titles. However, being able to gaze upon her visage again should soften the blow of not having nearly enough of my favorite redhead in the olde collection.













As mentioned in Part I, LIFE has either added more photos from this Edward Clark photo session, or I just missed the "additional" shots the first twenty times around, because I'm constantly discovering new pictures.

5 comments:

  1. Again, she's gorgeous. :)

    And I hope your personal crisis is at least alleviate somewhat by A) the fact that Susan Hayward needs a loving fan like you, B) you do such a great job at loving her!, C) you do such a great job at writing this blog, and D) I'm glad I get to know you. :)

    Might not be much, but it's something.

    I hope life gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your personal crisis. Hope it gets better soon.

    You always find the cutest pictures of these gals! She's so darling especially in that first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd kill for an RSS feed of Life photo collection additions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! She's one of my favorites. She has a small part in the movie Adam Had Four Sons which I just bought on DVD- I'm not sure if it would turn up in searches for Susan Hayward because she isn't the star, but you might enjoy it anyway if you're in a desperate search for her movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beauty. She's definitely gorgeous. I love these pictures. Thanks for posting them. You've got a really nice blog. I really like it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.