Saturday, February 14, 2009

Gail Patrick: Deco Dame, Part V

Wow! Someone must've been rummaging through my wildest dreams! They had to in order to have produced this fantastic photo of Gail Patrick in full Valentine’s Day regalia! There couldn't be a better occasion to go gah-gah over my biggest Golden Age crush. I found this picture several months ago, and have been waiting (seemingly forever) for this day to post it. C. Parker over at Starlet Showcase did so earlier this month, but I told him that I’m still using it here...So let Hollwood Dreamland's monthly Gail Patrick Showcase continue. Fifth in the series--Collect 'em All...



Stunning Gail: Excellent shot; looks to be late 1930s.

Ravishing, as Always: Another photo shoot with Gail all dolled up...


That's Definitely Not Rochester: A radiant Gail Patrick with a perpetually 39 year-old tightwad in a publicity pic for 1937's "Artists and Models."

6 comments:

  1. Most movies that I've seen her in have her cast as the second fiddle girl-- are there any available where she's actually the main star? I'd really enjoy seeing her get the guy in the end for once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to ask the same question! What film with her would you recommend the most?

    I've collected the photos! Beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, there aren't that many. I doubt you'll ever see them, even on TCM. I discuss it in Part I of this non-award winning series...Click the "Gail Patrick Deco Dame" label for the other entries.

    A few I'd like to see with Gail as the star:

    Two in the Dark (1936)
    Murder with Pictures (1936)
    Her Husband Lies (1937)

    and Disbarred (1939), pictures of which are in Part II.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say that I never really have seen any films with her as the female lead. It's a shame though. She was beautiful and talented. I love the pic you dubbed Stunning Gail. I definitely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photos! I don't think I've ever seen one of her movies, but I'll definitely try to catch one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Murder With Pictures is on this 50-movie Public domain pack:
    http://www.amazon.ca/Mystery-Classics-Movie-Pack-12DVD/dp/B0001HAGTW/ref=pd_sbs_d?ie=UTF8&qid=1234818723&sr=8-2

    it's worth the price all by itself, for fans of GP (she and Lew Ayres make a great team)!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.