Thursday, February 26, 2009

Never Refuse an Award

John from Twenty-Four Frames and Carrie of Classic Montgomery have honored Hollywood Dreamland with the Premio Dardos award. Which, according to the citation:

The Dardos Award is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.

I'm self conscious enough as it is, but I can't refuse an honor from my peers, can I? So instead of pulling a Marlon Brando and sending Sacheen Littlefeather to refuse the honor, I say "Thank You!" to those who feel this small corner of the bloggosphere is worthy. I'm touched.

It's rewarding to have someone think what you do for your own amusement is worthwhile, but I enjoy comments on what is written more than anything else. Many of my followers are just content to read, and that's great, really! But for those of you who take the time to post comments, I thank you, because it's what I look forward to the most when I log in.

A Place on the Shelf: Thank you.


The rules state that I have to pass this on to five other blogs I deem worthy...I enjoy many blogs, but these are some of my favorites who deserve your time(even though three of the five don't know I exist).

Chris at Ultra Swank
Jason at Spy Vibe

5 comments:

  1. Aww. you're so sweet

    Your blog is very deserving of awards whereas mine is irreverent (and irrelevant?) drivel but thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm honored! Not having had my blog an entire month, I am very surprised! Thank you a lot, C.K! I will write about it on Lolita's Classics tomorrow, I promise! :)

    And even though I, like you, want do a Marlon Brando, I still think that was one of the best events in the Oscar history! That is probably why they didn't mention his death, they were too proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trixie:
    "That's the answer! Irrelephant!" (Don't you just love Duck Soup?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You definitely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know I just named you on my blog for this award, too. I know I am a bit late, but I think you deserve it and wanted to add my vote for you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.