Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Gent Plays the MASH Game

Wendymoon over at Movie Viewing Girl challenged the male classic movie bloggers to play this game first started by Ginger Ingenue at Asleep in New York. Anyway, here are my results and to be fair, I placed some jokingly bad things (Edsel, a hellhole in Michigan, Oklahoma, etc) and this is what I ended up with on my one and only try:



The five names I chose were: Ginger Rogers, Gail Patrick, Carole Lombard, Katharine Hepburn, and Myrna Loy. Myrna won. That's eerily accurate, especially if I look at it from the Nora Charles angle: New York City apartment, no kids (Myrna was childless in real life--huzzah!), and I'm a teacher, so it's all falling into place... I hope she and I solve some high-society murder mysteries, too. However, unlike Nick and Nora, Myrna and I will be childless. I also believe that she'll probably dump me for a coffee baron.

I love this picture. Myrna has such a wonderful expression; it's so sly and mischievous. She gives this look in After the Thin Man, when one of Nick's thug friends says to her: "When he [Nick] gives you the sack, let me know, will ya?" To which Nora replies, (out of the side of her mouth): "I certainly will!"

4 comments:

  1. See, now that wasn't so bad, was it?
    Maybe your alias should be Nick Charles instead of C.K. Dexter Haven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention that, as William Powell was my avatar for the first month I was blogging. This was before I changed my name over to CKDH.

    "Alias"? You make it sound so...diabolical. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to you, both for getting my, my Myrna, and for being the first gent to play along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a relative newcomer to the work of Myrna... but I too have fallen in love!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.