Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mad Men Yourself


Are there any fans of AMC's Mad Men series? It takes place in Kennedy-era New York and it's about the trials and tribulations of the employees of Sterling Cooper, a Manhattan ad agency. Anyway, AMC's website has a fun game where you can cobble yourself together a la 1962 styles. Everytime I see this show, I want to shave, get a haircut, comb my hair, and watch a bunch of Rock Hudson and Doris Day comedies, which I'm really overdue in watching again. I'll admit I enjoy the witty and fluffy air that these films provide and how they glamourize New York during the last years of its Golden Age. The picture above is about as close to me as it can get, though I have a lot more gray hair. Mad Men's third season begins on August 16th. Special thanks to Chris over at Ultra Swank for the tip. Visit his blog, it's a gasser.

Me, About to be Crap-Canned, Camelot Style: Just me (left) and Don Draper, having a drink.

7 comments:

  1. Oooh I haven't seen that. Makes me want to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the first episode, and even though I wanted all the women's wardrobes (and fell in love with every man on the show), I must admit that I didn't fall for the series. So I have only seen the first episode, in other words. Maybe it grows on you. (But they sure smoked enough during that episode to be more than enough for a regular TV-series! Amazing.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite show! I can't wait for the new season

    Also, Don Draper in this cartoon version looks exactly like my husband which is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've watched the first season and some of the second. I enjoy the historical aspect of it a lot but the characters are a bit too stiff for me. Too much emotion is not good but I think this show could use some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love it - just hope we don't have to wait too long for the new season over in the UK! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the show! Can't wait for Sunday (make that Monday...I'm DVRing it). Just wish we had AMC in HD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, marvelous-- I've wanted to see this for some time and will finally check it out. Thanks for sharing. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.