J.C. Loophole of The Shelf has awarded Hollywood Dreamland with the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thanks, J.C! Now, since HD is not an island, we're going to follow the rules of being a good neighbor (thank and link to your bestower--done) and then list seven things about yourself that others might find interesting. Then, pass the Kreativ Blogger award on to seven worthy blogs.
So here we go:
So here we go:
Seven "Interesting" Things about me:
1. I didn't eat my first peanut butter and jelly sandwich until I was 21. I just thought the combination was disgusting. I like them fine now.
2. Every time I post a comment on someone else's blog, I want to use the security word as a sign-off battle cry. "Enduri"!
3. My all-time favorite music recording is The Complete Village Vanguard Recordings, 1961 by the Bill Evans Trio.
4. I never worry about important stuff, but the little everyday things send me into a tizzy. Killers after me? No problem! Creased spine on a book? It's the end of the world!
5. In 1979, after severe flooding in Miami, the neighborhood kids and I "hitched rides" on slow-moving cars making their way through the knee-high water by hanging on to their rear bumper.
6. I'm obsesssed with people dying just before historical events. Pauline Kael and Troy Donahue died a week before the September 11 attacks and Dick Powell and Jack Carson died the same day in 1963 and never knew about the Kennedy assassination. It torments me!
7. One of my very best movie-watching experiences was when I was up all night sick with a cold. At 2am, The Wild Bunch was on cable and I enjoyed every moment of it watching it from the couch in the dark, despite being congested, feverish, and just plain unpleasant. For some reason, the movie and its imagery fit the mood perfectly.
And now I bestow the Kreativ Blogger award on the following seven worthy blogs (imagine Archie Bell and the Drells Tighten Up playing as this takes place):
Dave at Goodfella's Movie Blog
VP at Carole and Co.
Carrie at Classic Montgomery
Harley at Dreaming in Black and White
Zoe Walker at The Big Parade
Trixie at That's Just Stupid What You Said (She won't know how to handle the fame)
Millie at Classic Forever (She will)