Monday, February 22, 2010

One Lovely Blog Award!


Thanks to Robert at Retro Hound, who awarded Hollywood Dreamland with the One Lovely Blog award. We're always humbled here whenever we're recognized by our blogging peers, so in keeping with the rules of the award, I will pass the award on to *gulp* ten other blogs. This time around, we'll spotlight blogs that are recent discoveries, as well as a nod to some old favorites who've probably been awarded this already...

Laura's Miscellaneous Musings- My pal in Disney and in 1930s movies whose well-rounded and informed writing is a treat.

Dear Old Hollywood- Congrats to newlywed Robby!

The Big Parade- Led by Zoe, who's a delight.

Screen Siren- Naomi's lovely blog is, well, lovely!

Goodfellas Movie Blog- Dave's a helluva writer and his Noir countdown has inspired animated discussion. Dave, I'm jealous of *and* intimidated by your ability.

The Movie Projector- R.D.'s currently running down a great Oscar list, check it out.

Movietone News- Matthew Coniam's recent entry on Robert Benchley is saved on my hard drive. Great work, Matthew.

Wearing History- Lauren's fun blog is teaching me all about vintage fashion.

It's All Make Believe, Isn't It?- Stefanie Valentine's blog is another recent discovery that I look forward to reading. She also liked my Porky at the Crocadero post.

Hollywood Heyday- One of the first blogs I ever followed. It quietly runs down the goings on in tinseltown. Fascinating stuff, edited by the mysterious GAH1965...

8 comments:

  1. C.K., thank you so much, what a wonderful way to start the week! I especially appreciate your nod as I enjoy your blog very much. (By the way, your blog header photo is one of my favorites!) I'm always very happy to know others enjoy my blog; it is a joy to be able to share thoughts and information on favorite topics with others.

    Best wishes,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award, I enjoy your blog just as much!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. C.K. - I appreciate the acknowledgment! The reason I always end up as a broken link in giving out these awards is that it seems like the usual blogs that I frequent and want to highlight have already been honored! :) I'll see what I can do though...

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks CK - I'm honoured! So glad you liked the Benchley piece, and I hope you're enjoying the shorts. (My DVD still hasn't arrived, though I guess it's got further to go!)
    I'll do a post on this next at Movietone.
    Thanks again,
    Mattthew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the shout out. While I am editor rather than writer of my blog, it's nice to know that the research work I put into it is appreciated and enjoyed. And there's nothing mysterious about me (alas) I just let the reporting of 1932 shine through on it's own while I take the back seat (or "rumble seat" in the parlance of the day.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this! Your blog is one of my top rated ones and i always learn so much from you, so it's an honour for me to receive this from you and that you enjoy reading mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks C.K, You've made my day (again)!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea! Well done on your award, and your blog is lovely indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.