Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Self Pluggery: A Frightening New Blog


I'm so nervous I feel like Warner Baxter in 42nd Street! I've started a second blog focusing on the 1960s and '70s! That's right, Hollywood Dreamland can now experience the Generation Gap! The Neo-Edwardian Hipster: Movies, TV, and the Pop Culture of 1965-1975 is open for business. Hollywood Dreamland will soldier on--do you think I could gush about Katharine Hepburn and Ginger Rogers with '70s people??? However, I do need an outlet for my '60s and '70s love too, so we'll see how it goes. It's kind of fun to start over in terms of building followers but I hope that there are enough 1960s-'70s fans out there.

6 comments:

  1. Woo! I'll definitely be following the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, i LOVE the 70s! I don't know much about that decade but i'm sure i'll learn a lot on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll add the new one to my RSS reader as well! Looking forward to your perspective on those movies as well.

    RetroHound.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. But that's when, with few exceptions, the rot and decadence started to set in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excuse me while I hop on over to your new blog :) In my opinion I think many of the best films were made in the 60s and 70s. The studio system may have come to an end, but it didn't prevent some of the greatest films from being made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realize that Golden Age and 1960-70s people exist in mutually exclusive camps; I'm just one of those who enjoys both.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.